- Main Objectives
- PostalBank to become a strong and authentic government Bank contributing actively to countryside development resulting from the synergy with the PPC and its 1,900 postal offices
- To put in place programs responsive to community development, cultural minorities upliftment, and people empowerment, in partnership with Local Government Units, community organizations, academic institutions, and concerned citizens imbued with the EDSA 1986 spirit
- To at least be among the top 10 thrift banks in the industry within 5 years offering a wide range of products and services
- To have a core of competent and dedicated employees who share the vision of the Bank and will contribute to the fulfillment of the Bank’s mandate in the country’s development
Four objectives have been identified for the five-year Strategic Plan, viz:
- Financial Strength
The Bank aims to achieve a strong and reliable financial position. By the end of 2016, the Bank is set to:
- Achieve P17 billion in terms of assets
- Lend at least P9 billion
- Generate P15 billion deposits
- Increase capitalization to at least P1.5 billion
- Attain Return on Equity (ROE) of ranging from 7-10%
- Lower NPL ratio to at least 9% or within the industry average
Create a strong presence especially in the local communities not reached by banks by increasing the number of branches to 50 and providing the network that would interconnect the main office, the branches and the 1,900 post offices located in all the municipalities/ cities/ provinces of the country for greater operational efficiency and service enhancement.
The specific objectives include:
- Aim for the Bank visibility throughout the country by setting up more branches. With prior approval of the BSP, satellite stations/ kiosks are also planned to be put up in all postal offices, especially in “missionary” areas to service the basic banking and remittance needs of those without access to banks.
- Link up with financial institutions abroad to expand the network and service presence for establish a strong OFW remittances
- Combine resources of the PhilPost offices and the Bank, utilizing the huge but untapped network of 1,900 post offices on one hand and the extensive IT infrastructure and connectivity of PPSB on the other.
- Become more than just a Savings Bank; following successful Postal Bank models in other countries, with diversified services such as remittances, bills payment, investment, etc.
- Offer the full range of traditional banking products and services as well as new products that will service specific target markets on the countryside, particularly in areas where there are no banks
- Source soft loans / grants from international and regional financial institutions and partner with NGOs as conduit, for people empowerment / countryside development
- more consumer financing, but on a more diversified scale
- promoting community development projects
- relating more to LGUs and getting involved as conduit for ODAs (actively source funds from international/ regional banks)
- serving as one of the primary government depository banks
Establish a reputation as a reliable bank that will actively contribute to countryside development through the following:
- Instilling a culture of competence, honesty and nationalism
- Providing synergy between the Bank and the Post Office and looping to more branches/outlets for the provision of basic financial services
- Making the Bank relevant to the Filipino in terms of its mission/vision, service offerings and contribution to the overall economic goals of the administration
- Adhering to the rules and regulations of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and other regulatory agencies
- Being competitive in the thrift banking industry